Gabrielle Loehr, Mental health expert, coach, small business consultant, Mindful Living podcast host
Hi, I’m Gabrielle and I’ve been fascinated by people and why they do what they do since I was a little kid. I’m the best at helping people sort themselves out, whether it is getting help for themselves, their kids at school, organizing their small business, or developing a career strategy to help them take charge of their careers.
If you’re looking for help organizing your business, figuring out how to get help for yourself or your kids or you want an affordable website, I’d love to work with you!
- Over 8 years experience doing psychological evaluations on people of all ages and from all walks of life, for every reason from school accommodations to finding the right medicine to figure out the best treatments to pre-employment screenings.
- Almost 20 years of administrative, management and training experience in all sorts of different fields, from super busy coffee shops to universities to doctor’s offices to tech companies.
- Been learning web development and online marketing for over 3 years and have learned how to focus on the most important things so you can grow your business the right way.
- Been featured in Austin Startup Digest, ITWorld, time.com, SheKnows.com, Bustle, The Network Journal, Lady Lux, The Warm Up, Vibrant Life, and was voted one of Thumbtack’s top statistics tutors in Austin in 2015 and 2016. See what I’ve said here.
The best and most worthwhile changes are the hardest to make.
I draw on experience to help my clients find creative solutions to hard problems and work through them so they can have better lives, fulfilling careers and happier families without settling.
I know because I’ve been there and come through it, time and again:
- I quit a pack a day cigarette habit, even though it took 11 tries. It’s been over 5 years since I quit and I’m never going back.
- I am going back to graduate school for clinical psychology, even though I dropped out of a clinical psychology Ph.D. program after two years because I wasn’t a good research match. Now I’m focused, ready to research and want to be called doctor, in 6 or 7 years 🙂
- A notoriously picky eater, I embraced my Italian and agricultural heritage (3 of my 4 grandparents came from farming families) through learning how to cook from scratch and signing up for a local CSA in Austin. I can cook with most vegetables now and make amazing Italian, Mexican and southern food.
- I am learning to love exercise and being active, even though I’m in my 30’s. It’s taken a long time, but I have developed a fondness for the treadmill and am learning to love planks. I do yoga from a book with stick figures- it’s approachable and fantastic.
In my free time, you can find me:
- Cooking, baking, reading about food or gardening.
- Playing with or walking my pups.
- Spending time with my husband.
- Playing my warlock on World of Warcraft.
More about me:
- I am from Dallas, grew up in Chicago and live in Austin.
- My younger sister Kristin is my best friend and my nephews are my favorite 🙂
- I wrote the final for one of my high school English classes, on Lord of the Flies. As an adult, I am passionate about helping victims of abuse and bullying find the strength to get out of bad situations and live fantastic lives.
- I was so shy in grade school, I wouldn’t tell people my name. I forced myself to be more outgoing in high school and have loved talking to people ever since.
- I didn’t eat hamburgers on buns until I was 10 because I was such a picky eater. Now, my favorite burger is grass fed, organic beef with provolone, avocado, bacon, roasted garlic, lettuce and tomato on a wheat bun.
Interested in working with me? Here’s what to do:
Email me at Gabrielle.Loehr@gmail.com to set up a personal or business consultation.